WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

A Random Allison Update...

Thursday, February 19, 2015

 Tonight as I was chatting on the phone with my sweet Allison, I realized it had been awhile since I had given you guys an update on her life in Montana...


I figured I would swipe use some of her Facebook photos and share a few quotes from tonight's phone call to catch you all up to date... That's why I am calling it a "random" update since the quotes have nothing to do with the photos... 


"Seriously Mom, the hardest thing about being an adult is the choices. I mean the ones between right and wrong and good and bad are simple it's all the choosing between things that are equal that is enough to give you a panic attack. Do I come home, go camping with friends in Moab or just stay here for spring break? Do I change my major or just go undeclared for awhile? Do I live in the dorms or move in with friends off campus next year? There is no clear answer to these."


"Why is it that the guys I don't have any interest in pursue me like crazy, but the ones I do like don't seem at all interested... No wait... It's more like I run from them... Hahaha...  Ughhh..."


"I can't decide if he's has a warped sense of humor or just not a nice person... Seriously, be nice dude!"


"The weirdest thing happened... I saw a girl on campus who looked just like someone I went to high school with. She was a year ahead of me but in most of my classes junior year, but she was studying overseas so I thought I was just seeing things. Then she messaged me, and it was her. That's THREE people from my tiny high school in Maine going to Montana State. What are the chances?"


Allison:"...so he just showed up at my door and said, "You are a really nice girl, and I really like you but I don't want to put up with your christian baggage" and I was just like "okay..." 
Me: Isn't he the boy you went on one date with and then had the "let's be friends" talk with last semester?
Allison: Yes... Ughhh... Hahahahaha
Me: Well at least he's cute.
Allison: You're not helping mom.


"I am at the point of the semester where you literally can't get ahead... You know, you work, and work and work and finish all your assignments just in time for the next batch to be due... It's ridiculous."


(and my personal favorite) 
"I love you Mommy... I'll call later on."

(PS. Those last three shots were from their "girls only" Valentine's party.) 

Thanks for listening,

3 comments :

  1. Oh gosh... the part about not being able to get ahead... YES. That.

    It probably depends on what kind of people she's talking about going with, but go to Moab? AMAZING. Went there on our big road trip. Beautiful.

    Glad she's staying in touch :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. College ... such a fun, amazing, confusing, frustrating, exhausting, exciting, weird, unexpected, and just all around CRAZY time!!! :) I can't wait for my kids to experience it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so cute. She looks like she's making the most of her college experience. My son's both went on a high school trip to Moab. They loved it. Super cold at night and tell her to take old socks! I could never get the red dirt out of the socks and ended up throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....