WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Hodgepodge 180...

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It is the 180th edition of Joyce's Hodgepodge! You go Joyce!!! 




1.  Speaking of 180...when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something?

I did a 180 degree turn on Wal-Mart... I never "loved" it but like everyone else in my little hometown I was excited when they finally started building our "Super" Wal-Mart... After all, there were FOUR Super Wal-Marts within 20 miles of us in Tennessee... It was about time our sleepy little Maine town caught up. Or so I thought... Bigger is not always better... I now despise going to wal-mart... It feels like such a chore and sometimes it literally sucks the will to do anything else out of me! I do everything in my power to avoid it, and have become quite successful at avoiding it for the most part. 

2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America.

The people... We recently met a girl from the Ukraine who is working here for the summer. She joined our family for dinner and after we heard all about her we asked her impression of us... Not our family, but Americans as a whole and her response rang so true... She said (I am paraphrasing) "Americans are so happy! You wear your happiness like clothing, on the outside for all to see. Even the "un-happy" American's seem happy by Ukrainian standards. Americans are also so nice and welcoming. I watched a lot of TV and it makes you seem so un-trustworthy but you are not like that, you are as a group the kindest people I have ever met or could imagine meeting." 
Her thoughts resonated with me... We are as a whole happy & kind people no matter what the evening news would have us believe!  


3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?

Stripes... As the seem to have taken over my wardrobe!
Red... I love all the colors but red is hands down my favorite color so if I must pick one! 
Watermelon... I LOVE ice cream and blueberry pie but Allison & I are continuously buying and eating those bowls of pre-cut watermelon in the produce department so I will go with it!

4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking?

When we were at our camp I slept in a funny position and my back froze up... It was incredibly painful and Paul had to yank me into a sitting position... I think I may have literally "seen stars" it hurt so much! 

5.  'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on',  'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately?  Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?

"With Bells On" since we are doing so much traveling and visiting this summer and loving every minute of it I feel like we are constantly arriving or greeting people with bells on!

6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?

None at all...

7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.

Impossibly beautiful days... Parties to remember always... Farewell splendid June!
(That was hard!!) 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Mary & Martha is having a sale and although I plan to do a post about it in the next couple days I didn't want you to miss out on anything as it is all "while supplies last"... To order or see larger pictures go to www.RebeccasBlessedHome.com 







Happy 4th Everyone!! 
Thanks for listening,

4 comments :

  1. I am WITH you on the Wal-Mart thing. I loathe going there but sometimes you just can't get around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loathe shopping at Wal Mart, at least ours. For starters, the parking lot! Ridunkulous! America is by and large a friendly place. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to hear someone else's opinion on Americans and hear that it's favorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, shopping at Wal-Mart is far from my favorite thing. I only do it because it's convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....