WARNING: Rebecca D. shows flagrant disregard for the rules of punctuation... She uses ellipsis with wild abandon... Punctuation interventions have been done to no avail... If you are offended by such irreverence to the rules of grammar... The very glue that holds our society together... STOP READING NOW... Move on... There is a little button at the top that says "next blog"... You would be well advised to use it... You were warned...

Hodgepodgeing is Nuts...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Here I go... Doing another Hodgepodge... "Cause it's fun & I just love Joyce who hosts it... She is an amazing bloggy friend who I feel blessed to know in this here bloggy realm!

Click this little link below if you wanna join the fun!



1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?

At the beginning of the summer we hosted a youth group night at our house (just on a whim) and absolutely fell in love with these amazing kids... We had so much fun and such a connection they immediately started campaigning us to become the new youth leaders. (Something we'd never felt qualified to do.) We told them that night that they were welcome here anytime, and starting that night we had teens here nearly every night all summer... It would be easier to count the number of times we didn't have extra kiddos here. After MUCH prayer and meeting with the pastor and church leadership we came to see that the LORD was calling us to this, even if only for this season of our lives... This summer completely changed our lives and the direction of them. Yea!!!!

2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?

Hands down the cashew... Love 'em!


3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?

Like Joyce, I tend to have trouble walking... Uneven surfaces outside tend to get me... I try not to fall, since it hurts waaaaaaay more now then it did as a kid, but I usually fall at least a few times a year.

4. How would you describe your sense of humor?

I think I have a good sense of humor... I love to laugh and make others laugh... I tend to be a more then a bit sarcastic... I also have to fight the urge to keep it clean... Taming my tongue has been one of my hardest and constantly on going tasks...


5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?

How do you keep a curious person in suspense?

6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.

I tend to fall over so roller skates are no longer my friend... I am plus-sized so unless it is the larger hula-hoop I fear it would be a hula-belt... But since I injured my ankle about 14 years ago, I am the aforementioned "plus-sized"  and gravity is no longer my friend, jumping rope is virtually impossible... So since Joyce says I HAVE to choose, and this her her game... I'll go with the hula-hoop...

7. What's your most sentimental possession?

Hands down, my scrapbooks...
8. Insert your own random thought here.

Remember way at the end of that too long post yesterday I showed you my start of fall decorating? (If not you can catch up here) Well, I added the mirror last night... Actually Sparky and her boyfriend helped me get it way up there and put a hook on the wall to keep it from sliding and wiping out everything in front of it...

What do you think? I think I like it...

Here is another view...
(or the bear's rear view... HeHeHe... I kill myself...)

Random thought #2... I almost always wear khakis... They fit me better then jeans and go with everything... I also own several navy blue tees... It is a common color folks... I also shop at Wal-Mart more then I care to admit... It's a small town, I don't have a lot of options... People keep asking me to help them... Really folks, just because someone is wearing khakis and navy blue doesn't mean they work there... I know we assume most of the other "shoppers" will be in PJ pants or worse, but come on...

Thanks for listening,

11 comments :

  1. I love khakis but I also love my blue jeans. I am really loving yoga pants these days too but I reserve those days in the house. I love the mirror-yes, definitely a keeper. I am loving the sunflowers too. I'm thinking I need some in my house somewhere...the colors go with my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youth group night sounds like it was tons of fun :) And I love your "stupid" question! lol

    LOVE the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I hopped on over from the hodgepode (I'm Joyce's Daughter 1)! You are hilarious. Love your answers and your pretty fall decorations. That's what I'll be doing this weekend! And I'm sorry for the confusion at Walmart (I am one of the aformentioned pajama/yoga pant wearing offenders). Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your youth group is fun!
    I love cashews also!!
    I think I have only worn pjs to walmart once, due to being on a long trip... and well, pjs are more comfortable than anything else when you are going on a 3day car ride. ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to wear red and tan a lot...until I was always being asked to help someone find something or reach something at Target...I could never say no to someone who needed help so I stopped wear those colors together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me chuckle when you said that people always ask you to "help" them :P

    Hubs and I are heavily involved with the youth group at our church. We love getting to be a part of the teens lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading your answers. I've been asked at Target for help before when I was wearing red & khaki. I try not to wear that when I shop there. I like your fall decorations. I should drag mine out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally home from vacation and catching up with my friends... LOVE your fall decor (my favorite time of year), cracking up at the "domestic disturbance", and glad to "see" you again :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mirror is fabulous - definitely ads the extra oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted you to know that I tagged you in post for an award. :)

    ReplyDelete

Friends don't let friends go without comments....